1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Freezing during playback

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by eisenbrs, Aug 13, 2004.

1. eisenbrs

eisenbrs Member

Hello! I am new to the forum. Have been using the software for about 7 months (XCopy and Shrink - sometimes Decrypter). Haven't had many problems with either until recently...besides the few coasters here and there. Anyways...over the past couple weeks, it seems everything I burn thru Shrink (whether using Decrypter or not) will not copy correctly....and will not play back without "freezing" multiple times. PLEASE HELP!!! Nothing has changed to the system and I did just upgrade both Shrink and Decrypter in case that was my problem. It doesn't matter if new or old movie. Very, very strange. Is anyone having similar problems? If so...any suggestions. Have made approx 10-15 coasters in last week. Thank you!

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

Have you changed media perhaps? Buy a new lot of the same brand?

Skipping and freezing are the classic signs of a problem with the media :)

3. brobear

brobear Guest

It would be a good idea to record to RW until you get your problem solved. All those coasters add up.

4. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Hi all. :)

eisenbrs, also make sure your hard-drive(s) is regularly defragmented.

5. Ted209

Ted209 Member

i'm having a similar problem, except i'm trying to play my dvds from my hard drive. i'm trying to play the vob files using windvd, and am getting the same exact problems. i'm using an ati graphics card (i've heard there might be a problem with this card)

6. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Ted209 ,
    I just did Mystic River and since it was still on the HD I had no problem playing it. I also have a ATI Card ( 9700-Pro ) When the wife goes on a trip I load 4-5 movies on the HD of her Laptop and she watches them in the room or on the plane if she has time and has never had a problem. She has WinDVD on her HD but prefers Windows Media Player
    What program are you using to put the files on the HD. You can either use DVDDecrypter or Shrink to achieve this.

7. Ted209

Ted209 Member

car.mike,
    I'm actually using my modded xbox to get the dvd files to my hard drive. This method works flawlessly for backing up my xbox games (which are also dvds). Essentially, when the rip is complete I get an audio_ts and video_ts directory, and on some dvds i see perhaps 1 or 2 more directories. I've been going into WINdvd, then i right-click and select source-->dvd from folder-->choose the video_ts directory. Once this happens the audio from the dvd starts, but no picture is displayed. the audio is choppy, and the digital timer seems to go fast then slow then fast, etc (in other words the timing appears to be off). If i skep ahead on the time-bar i'll see 1 frame from the movie, then it usually dies.

8. Nephilim

Hi,

Xbox games and DVD videos are quite different :)

9. Ted209

Ted209 Member

correct, but nevertheless each are simply binary data engraved on a dvd disk. dont underestimate the power of a modded xbox; it can stream any type of data from dvd-rom to hard disk

;)

10. brobear

brobear Guest

Ted209
    And from your own admission, with problems. ;)

11. Ted209

Ted209 Member

well let me try the decrypter and see if that works.

;p

12. Nephilim

Try the latest version of a SecuRom or SafeDisc protected PC game on DVD, they're binary too :)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    "And there we saw the giants ... And we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight." Numbers 13:33[/small]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2004
  13. Ted209

Ted209 Member

Cool, I got DVD decrypter and my xbox ripping DVDs flawlessly. Just needed a .xbe file called xbox2dvd.xbe

Thanks for your input [bold]car.mike[/bold]

Ted209
    3.06GHz HT Extreme Edition
    x2.3b-Xbox 160GB

[​IMG]