1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with game burning and or Swap Magic 3.6

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by phantoml, Dec 23, 2007.

1. phantoml

phantoml Guest

Hello,

Recently I purchased a copy of Swap Magic 3.6 but have had very little luck getting it to work with burned games. For my test I limited the game in question to one, which I do own, as an control. This was before I read the wonderful guide this site has on certain types of media to use so the brands used in the test are as follows, Memerox(+R), Sony(+R), and Maxell(-R). My DVD burner is a SOHW-802S cross flashed to a SOHW-832S.

The first test was the Sony(+R)burnt using Nero.

The second test was the Memerox(+R) using DVD Decrypter.

The third test was the Maxell(-R) also using DVD Decrypter.

All three tests were, obviously, equal failuers. Swap Magic 3.6 would ask me to put in a disc, instantly recognize it was not a valid PS2 disc, and refuse to do anything further. Ironically, SM 3.6 also thought the original disc was also not a valid PS2 disc, but this did indeed boot and play properly anyways.

I have included as many details as I thought needed. Any assistance would be much appreciated. In the mean time I will repeat the tests using a different game. Thank you for your time.

2. ANGEL2152

ANGEL2152 Member

how did you get the disc image? i know nero has some kind of protection so if you got it from nero, maybe thats the problem.

3. sabrex

sabrex Member

Hi,

there are 5 important steps that you should pay attention:

1) Buy the correct dvds for backups (1º Toyo Yuden, 2º Verbatim azo ..., Sony, TDK);

2) dvd-r or dvd+r? Most people use the dvd+r for ps2 fat and the dvd-r for the ps2 slim... (I usualy buy Verbatim azo dvd+r for my game backups and I've a ps2 slim :) and they work very well);

3) How to burn them? Use Dvd Decryptor, Nero (6.6 version or better)... (I usualy do a direct copy with Nero 6.6 v. and it works, but some people do the image (iso) and then burn the image...);

4) Burning speed! The lowest possible... (I burn then at 4x with my LG drive and 2x with my pioneer);

5) Use this forum to see if your game need a rebuild our what kind of media do you need to backup your games. Some games need a DL DVD... like God Of War 2... you just need to do a little search in this forum.

I think this should help you... good luck!!!