1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with games larger than 4GB

Discussion in 'PS2' started by pjsmcr, Jan 24, 2004.

1. pjsmcr

pjsmcr Member

I have a pentium 4 using windows XP (therefore NTFS format). I have made a number of backups of games I own, which work no problem. But any games I backup which are larger than 4GB do not work (but less than 4.3GB). The Playstation 2 symbol shows, but the game will not load. Other times the game will cause an error while copying.

My playstation is a version 7 with an autoboot chip. I am using Recordnow MAX to backup the games. I have read a number of forums on this topic, but none seem to apply. I am using TDK DVD-Rs.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. benagain

benagain Regular member

Are you sure, that you using NTFS? Because I though that XP could run on both NTFS and FAT32. Other than that I'm not sure.

3. tokthadon

tokthadon Member

i'm having the same problem. i tried to play a backup of tony hawk underground, and it's not working. so i also need an answer to this question.

4. the_scum1

the_scum1 Regular member

so when you copy a game is the file on your hard drive over 4g in size? I'm running xp and I have 2 drives. 1 drive if fat32 the other ntfs. I converted the 2nd drive to ntfs when i started backing up ps2 games. Are you sure your drive is ntfs?

5. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

record now max DONT make a 4gig file if thats what you after it splits the image like this

2.00 GB (2,147,483,648 bytes) it cant make a 4 gig file since not all people today have ntfs

the largest dvd5 image should be 4.32GB thats the biggest

6. vairox

vairox Regular member

"I have a pentium 4 using windows XP (therefore NTFS format). "

doesnt mean its NTFS, a lot of NOOBs install it with fat32 cause they dont know

7. pjsmcr

pjsmcr Member

I am definitely using NTFS.

Also, RecordNow Max splits the game into a number of files, so none are greater than 4GB on the hard drive anyway. But I still can't get these games to work. All games I have copied that are less than 4GB work perfectly. I have no game over 4GB working at the moment. Strange!

8. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Well if you have the ability - a dvdrom AND dvdrw, just do a disc to disc using the wizard....thats what I use and everything shoots through fine....

Just my 2 cents if you have both of the above.......

9. the_scum1

the_scum1 Regular member

Well try a diferent program. Like Discjuggler or nero or something.