1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

:: problems with GTA San Andreas skipping...

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by babelfish, Jan 11, 2005.

1. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

Hi all

i have backed up quite a few PS2 games successfully over the last year but i have now made 3 backups of GTA San Andreas and all skip quite badly...

... now if it wasnt for the fact that all my other games run fine i would assume it was the laser but maybe it cant be?!?!?

method:

rip to HD using DVD Decrypter

burn using DVD Decrypter at 2x (just to make sure) and it still skips.... any ideas?

i am using TDK ritek G05 and tosho yunden (sp?) disks

by skipping i mean when im doing a reasonable speed the track etc disappears and i see loads of cyan polygons - eek!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2005
  2. Ya_Boi

Ya_Boi Member

GTA games are well known to do that. Have you been playing it for a long time and that just recently started or has it done it from the beginning? if so, you may have a corrupt image.

3. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

hmmm... seemed to do it from 1st using the burned backup...

the thing is nero wouldnt let me do a straight duplication. so i had to dvd decrypt. i did a disk then deleted temp files and that didnt work... so i made another iso copy - so the likelihood that i had made 2 dodgy copies looks a bit weird to me... the original worked fine :confused:

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I have a burner that can burn at 2x as slowest speed. I have had some problems with these games. I bought another burner that can burn at 1x and by doing this I have had 0 problems. This may be your problem. Also, I've heard a couple of not-so-good reviews on the Ritek G05's. I use G04's and they work great.

5. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

hmmm.... yeah - 2x is my min speed really :(

all our burners at work are also 2x min..