1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Hard Drive Space

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Niobis, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Niobis

Niobis Active member

I'm running Windows XP Pro and my hard drive is fairly small. I was running really low on space so I decided to delete the bigger things that I really didn't use. Photoshop 7.0 was one of them, it was using about 150 MB. Well, when I uninstalled it from my C drive instead of it giving me 150 MB it took away 150 MB. So, I tried deleting another program and wham! It took that away also, not giving me anything! I have a slipt hard drive and D works great(besides the small amount of space). Anyone know why this is?

2. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Well Ne-o-bis, have you noticed any speed increase after you uninstalled the programs? If you have I wouldn't worry about the reduction as it is probably a recording error..

However on a more practical note you might be infected with a virus. I would suggest:

1. Online scan.
    2. Scan in normal mode.
    3. Scan in safe mode.
    4. If your computer starts acting wierdly, reformat, it will do your computer some good by the looking of things. =D

3. Niobis

Niobis Active member

No, no speed increase at all. And I'm fairly sure I'm not infected, I have many antispyware and virus protection programs. Which I know there is always a posibility that I could be but what virus would cause that?

4. haymarket

haymarket Regular member

Norton Recycle Bin if you have it sounds favourite - If you push shift and delete, it permanently deletes avoiding the bin.

5. Niobis

Niobis Active member

I have mine set up like that. Instead of going to the recyle bin it just deletes it. But, if I delete small things such as log files or pictures or others I get my space back, it only happens when I uninstall programs from C drive. D drive doesn't do that. C and D is the same drive, it's just split.

6. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Maybe you should consider a reformat, it will really do your computer some good.