1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with installation

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by suburban, Feb 20, 2005.

1. suburban

suburban Member

I have an Xecuter 2.6 lite with the solderless adapter and I got all of the LED's to turn on but only ever got the XBOX load up. I noticed that the solderless adapter had less pins than pin header for soldered installation. So after soldering the chip I still got LED light up but still only XBOX load up.

Any body have any idea? Does anyone know of a place I could get it installed professionally?

2. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

I used X2.6CE. The solderless adapter is 4 pin shorter than the pinheader on the modchip but it is fine. I've got it working without any problem. Make sure you set the switch correctly. Enable the chip, select the bank 1 or 2. Bank 1 comes blank without any BIOS loade. bank2 comes with FlashBios 3.0.3.

3. suburban

suburban Member

So then you set it to bank 2, flash protection on, and chip enabled? I think my chip might be messed up b/c if you set the LED to off then they're on and if you set the LED to on then they're off.

4. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

Don't need to mess with the LED on/off switch. If you set chip enabled, Bank 2 selected, you will be able to boot into FlashBios 3.0.3. IF you select Bank1, FRAG until you flash the bank 1 with a proper BIOS in it. I used a x2.6ce programmer to flash my xecuter2.6 chip.

5. suburban

suburban Member

So if I get it to work with Bank 2 can I load Evox on that bios?

6. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

No, FlashBios allows you to flash BIOS only, or boot into Linux. It does not load evox.