1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Instant Copy

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by SuperKal, Apr 11, 2003.

1. SuperKal

SuperKal Member

When I use Pinnacle Instant CD/DVD I take the ripped files off of the DVD I am backing up (The Whole DVD, not just the main movie files) and then I choose a customized resize so that I can take out uneeded subtitles and audio tracks thus leaving more space to increase the quailty percentage of the main movie.
    When I am finished removing and resizing various parts of the DVD, I save an image for later burning. When I try to burn, often Instant copy will then tell me that the file I have is too big for the blank in the drive. However I have made sure that all of the files I have resized are at least 100-200 megabytes short of the max. (That little bar at the bottom of the resize area that is blue until you go over the max of 4.32 gigs, then it turns red) Sometimes after all of my resizing Instant Copy will tell me that the file I have is 4.7 gigs when I try to burn the saved image. How can this be when the resize tells me that I am still a bit short of 4.32 gigs before I re-encode and save to a hard-drive image? Anyone have any tips?

2. GBHISME

GBHISME Member

Upgrade your instant copy. It fixes this problem.. Do a search with a search engine for instant copy and you should find it.

3. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

You need to rip/unencrypt a DVD.

Smartripper (my preference) OR DVD Decrypter will do this for you.

Both are free d/l's and found on this very site I believe...

[bold]herbs[/bold] here trying to help

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

If you've ripped/unencrypted OK. Then you might want to try:
    DVD2One (I like this a LOT) or...
    DVD Shrink which is again another free d/l to found here.
    Both are good compression apps to get a DVD-R/+R sized lot of files ready for burning.

My preference of choice for burning is Nero