1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with king kong and narnia

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by fourlc, Mar 25, 2006.

1. arniebear

arniebear Active member

No problem, as for using Shrink I still do on some occasions. If I just rip a movie only with Decrypter then I will run it through Shrink as it will create a new BUP file and other programs will not always recognize a ripped file done this way. Shrink is still nice to have, it may be old but in some respects easier to use then Recode as you can choose your AEC settings in Shrink, where you have to change them in regedit for Recode. Just wish they both had a preserve menu function like Clone, which is a strong suit.

2. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

im not to up todate on useing recode. seems kinda complicated to me. im the easy kinda guy when it comes to this stuff. not a dummy but i like things to go easy. i really just need to play with recode and find out what it/i can do with it

3. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

Yeah that would be awesome if Recode had a

preserve menu option too.

4. brobear

brobear Guest

Usually if a person can use Shrink, they can figure out Recode if they play around with it a bit. Nero has a guide for it on their site. Here's the link for Recode 2 in Nero 7, http://ww2.nero.com/nero7/enu/User_Guide_Recode_2.html . Here's the link for the tutorial in Nero 6, http://ww2.nero.com/nero6/us/632071789304900.html . Just remember Recode 2 has to have a source with the copyright protection removed; AnyDVD, DVDFab Decrypter or whatever software that works.

cincyrob
    As I said, Shrink will not burn unless you consider recording the output to the hard drive burning. Shrink covers 2 functions out of the 3 basic steps to a backup (decrypt, transcode, and burn). It is a decryption tool, though obsolete. It transcodes the source files. When it comes to burning, it supports the use of an external burner, but doesn't have burning software incorporated. That's why I said Shrink doesn't burn (it supports external burners). DVD Decrypter, Nero, and CopyToDVD are supported. [bold]What do you have selected as the backup target in Shrink?[/bold]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2006
  5. tsquare43

tsquare43 Regular member

Interesting that it takes an 87 page guide to use Recode.

6. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I have not found it that hard that it needs 87 pages devoted to it, must be something I am missing. Got to check out this guide :)

7. tsquare43

tsquare43 Regular member

I really didn't read all 87 pages, LOL. Just noticed how many there were. I'm used to bbmayo's 10-12 page guides. Since I use AnyDVD + CloneDVD2 most of the time, I don't need a guide anymore. However, I think I might start using some of the other programs just to increase my burning knowledge. Can't ever be too thin, too rich, or too smart. Unfortunately, I'm not thin or rich.:)

8. brobear

brobear Guest

Guess I need to look at one of those guides. I haven't read the first page of the Nero guide, I just know where it is. Recode 2 is so much like Shrink, if one can do one, they should be able to just look at the other and operate it.

9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@brobear
    my backup target destination is my hp740b dvdwriter.with a temporary file in my documents? something to that exstint.i understand what your saying it needs anydvd or something like it to help it past the copywrite stuff. i just thoughti have been doing something wrong.
    and as far as nero recode2. i think it sucks.took alomst 1 hr 45min to do a movie. way to long for me when i can use anydvd and clonedvd2 and durn a 100% movie in about 22 min average some more some less. guess thats why i bought those wonderful programs.

10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i know this dont have anything to do with this topic but how can i tell what type of HD i have with out busting the tower open to find it? yea i know lazy azz....lol takes 2 mins to do it..i know its a 100gb but as to the type i dont have a clue.

11. mackdl

mackdl Regular member

cincyrob:

Go to my computer, right click local disc C, properties, hardware, then do a google search.

Mine came up ST3120827AS, seagate barracuda 120GB SATA

Last edited: May 9, 2006
  12. brobear

brobear Guest

Cincyrob
    You've not been doing anything wrong if you've had the software working. Sometimes things work without us knowing how. The AnyDVD is a good choice for removing the copyright protection. The temp file you have on your system is created by Shrink for the transcoded output. But for the files to be recorded to a DVD using your burner, Shrink has to open a burner software to process those files. As I mentioned, supported burners are Nero Burning ROM, CopyToDVD, and DVD Decrypter. The listed burner drive options usually involve Nero (or CopytoDVD if installed) as the screen capture on the previous page shows. If you're running Shrink and getting a burned DVD automatically, then you have burner software on your PC (Shrink turns it on, but it's not Shrink). I'm not being picky, just pointing out the way it works since you were under the impression Shrink burns the DVD.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2006
  13. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@mackdl
    thanks for the info. just found out im a proud owner of a segate st3100011a-rk100gb 2mb cache pata/100 hard drive.lol well if that dont just suck.. was hopeing for sataII...lol

@brobear
    once again i sounded like a idiot. i see what you were saying now i just looked at the list under target device and it said burn with nero using my 740i writer. or i had the option to burn ISOfile using dvd decrypter. thats why i ask question. it might take me a while to understand the answer but i got it now..... ty brobear.

14. brobear

brobear Guest

You're welcome.

A person is never an idiot if they're questioning in order to learn. In the end all that really matters is that your software is working. ;) However, understanding how it works can help if things ever start to act up.