1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with large games...

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Haskett, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Haskett

Haskett Member

I have been backing up games for a while now, about 50 games or so. I have noticed lately that my PS2 has been having trouble playing large backups over 4GB. I have a version 5 with a no-solder and swap magic DVD 2.0. Does anybody know of a way to make these games smaller, i read a post a while back about re-building the file but i can't remember how it was done. Any help would be great.
    Thanx

2. hursty

hursty Active member

what software do you back them up with?

3. Haskett

Haskett Member

I use DVD decrypter to backup all of my games. I have tried the larger games with various programs ( alcohol, recordnow, nero ) and i get the same result everytime. The smaller games under 3GB or so run perfectly on my machine but the larger games will barely load.

4. hursty

hursty Active member

have you tried splitting the file onto 2 dvd's? i have a couple of games which have been split onto 2 discs(armoured core & champions of norath).i dont think that is the answer to your problem though.what media are you using? i use infiniti dvd x4 4.7gb,ritek "ridisc" are also good.some games require different methods in loading if you are using swap magic i.e dvdloader, check around the swapmagic site for which games require different load methods.

5. Haskett

Haskett Member

Well i may have solved my problem. I went out and bought a 5 pack of verbatim DVD-r ( $11.95 ) and re-set my laser then burned a couple of the problem games. They still load through the menus a little slow but atleast the games are playable. Guess its just going to be a little more expensive to backup my ps2 games from now on.
    Thanks for tryin to help Hursty