1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Legacy Media

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Schmak01, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Schmak01

Schmak01 Member

I bought a 100 pack of these from Newegg when I got my DVD burner, DVD-R 8x, and I have only made one coaster, which was my fault. They work fine in every DVD player my friends have used, as well as in my burner and dvd-rom on my PC after buring with AnyDVD and CloneDVD, the problem arises when I put them in my roommate's new DVD player.

He just bought a Zenith DVB318 that has the upconversion from 480i to 1024i. All my burned movies with these disks play but skip a lot or sometimes don't go to the menu, when you select play move, it would just go back to the loading screen. I have re-burned movies to my Fuji DVD-RW's and they play fine.

Has anyone else had this problem with the Zenith? I am wondering if its just the media and if so what you would suggest. Some movies play without a problem with the disks, but some skip or don't load. Its just so weird because they work on the JVC and RCA players we have playing around and on my friends Yamaha.

2. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

hi,

i have a few of the newer "upconversion HD" dvd players myself and from my OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, i can say they are VERY picky with quality media. i think that your other somewhat older dvd players have no problem with the legacy because they are not as picky. for example, i have a samsung upconversion dvd player, which will ONLY play the taiyo yudens that i use, if i use any other media...such as ritek, prodisc, or even verbatim about 80% play, 20% do not (which i have only the MCC003 media id), the disc will skip. i think that if you use different high quality media, such as TY (100% compatible) or the verbatims (80% playable from my experience), you should be ok. as i can safely say i have never used a Legacy disc, so , i can not really comment as to whether or not it would ever work on my HD upconversion player or not, but, i think your question should be to research the media moreso than that new dvd player your roommate has. hope that helps you out a bit, i have had a similar experience w/ the newer dvd players out there and that is my conclusion, it is completely media based. have a good one

3. Schmak01

Schmak01 Member

It turns out that the DVD player hates DVD-R disks. On the other hand it love DVD+R's. That was the whole issue there.

4. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

very glad you found the solution to a sometimes daunting problem. best of luck to you and future burning. have a good one