1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with live games....Need help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by mike43, Dec 13, 2004.

1. mike43

mike43 Member

I have a v.16 with the xecuter 3 chip. I am running the x3 bios with evolution x. I am having problems with playing games that have xbox live on them. For example, I saved ncaa 05 to the hdd and it saved without error. The problem that I have is that when I go to play the game through evolution x, it will open the game and then it will go to a screen that says something like this... "xbox is being updated with the appropriate xbox live files..." If I let it install the files, then I can go in and play the game just fine. Then the next time that I boot the xbox it boots to the xbox live dashboard (includes options such as memory, settings, etc...) not evolution x. I am having a hard time trying to figure out this problem. I don't want to play the game on line (live) i just want to be able to play the game locally from the hdd, without losing the dashboard.

2. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

Ftp into your xbox and go to the game folder of one of these live games.Delete all the .xbe files accept the default.xbe (dashupdate.xbe, etc.)

You can also Ftp these files to your computer and then delete them on the xbox and if it causes problems, ftp them back.

You don't need any xbox live files on backed up games because you can't play them on live anyway.

3. mike43

mike43 Member

I am using dvd2xbox in order to avoid having to have my pc connected to the xbox. I would think that there is another way of accomplishing this same task. I currently have my evox dashboard file saved as default.xbe. Would changing it to evoxdash.xbe fix this problem.