1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers and Swap Disc???

Discussion in 'PS2' started by itsawgood, Apr 6, 2003.

1. itsawgood

itsawgood Member

Has anyone else had a problem with "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers"? I have a flip top and v2.0 swap discs. The game starts to load and then just freezes on the loading screen. I have had the same problem with "DROPSHIP United Peace Force" I am really beginning to think it is my PS2, I have a version 7. I'm wondering if its the double check protection giving me a problem. Soon I will have a version 4 that I'm going to mod with the flip top...I will post my results, I'm thinking the games are gonna load in the different version PS2. If anyone has had success or is having the same problem please let me know._X_X_X_X_X_[small]"Its All Good"[/small]

2. nise

nise Member

You're having problems with those games becuz they are "double checking" the reboot and won't start becuz of this. Hopefully swap magic comes out with version 3.0 which will correct this.

3. itsawgood

itsawgood Member

Well thats not entirely true....I tried to boot them with the V2.0 Swap disk in my buddies Version 4 PS2...It did not work either. Commandos 2 IS a game that uses the double-check protection.

4. shank69ox

shank69ox Regular member

With LOTR Two Towers I made 3 disks first,burned at 2X on an A-05 burner and they all froze at the "spinning ring"loading screen.Then I burned 3 again at 1X and they work fine.But alot of people disagree with burning speed mattering.So maybe it will help.

5. souro

souro Member

I've got a V5 with the No-Solder and Magic disks and LOTR the two towers works fine!

Maybe it wasn't recorded or burned properly??