1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with Mass Effect

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by r4ekvall, Jan 17, 2008.

1. r4ekvall

r4ekvall Guest

I don't know if this is the right forum for this, but I tried to back up Mass Effect...twice. Each time the game will load to the Bioware and then the Microsoft screen, but then it freezes and a screen comes up saying the disc is unrecognizable and to clean it. Anybody have these problems or have a solution for this? I ripped it with Xbox Backup Creator 2.7 and my original plays flawlessly. I tried burning once with XBC and once with CloneCd.

2. bagofcrap

bagofcrap Member

the fact that it started loading the game indicates that it is not a problem with the burn.
    most likely problem is that you are using cheap media to burn with

the second and more unlikely is that your dvd drive laser is dying but seen as though you can still play the original ok i would doubt it is that.

3. r4ekvall

r4ekvall Guest

I thought it could be the media too, but I am using Verbatim. I miss the ease of backing up on the first xbox : (

4. NewBart

NewBart Guest

I would try to burn it with Imgburn and also check to see if the original game has scratches.

5. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Hey R4ekvall, i have the same problem after backing up Mass Effect and it's not my drive because all my other backups and originals play fine without any disc unrecognizable error messages. I'm also using Verbatim DL, Xbox Backup Creator, and Imgburn to backup all my games. I read in some message board about a patch for Mass Effect but i can't remember the source, at first i thought it was my firmware so i upgraded to iXtreme 1.4 without any success. Seems like a problem with the game but i could be wrong, good luck..

6. r4ekvall

r4ekvall Guest

Well, now I'm not sure. I tried to back up Fusion Frenzy 2 (which is a waste of a DL disc anyway) and it doesn't work either. However, I read somewhere that I didn't need to have the SplitVid feature on in XBC, so I turned that off, and then I also turned off the Add Filler To Video option. So that could be why this game didn't work. Anyway, I had one stretch where I was making good back ups and now I can't make one to save my life. I'm going to try to use Schtrom and if that doesn't work I think I'm going to replace my Lite-On DVD Writer. Also, I've seen plenty of tutorials on how to back up games...but I never see any with the settings you need to use in the programs like XBC.

7. smoobies

smoobies Guest

I had a simular problem with Bladestorm. I burned it 2.5X with Verbatim and clone cd till music came on ( DVD complete) Poped in DVD back up and, guess what, Same problem you had( unrecognizable disk ). After closely examining the disk write pattern (on the disk itself) I noticed a larger than usual space or gap between the disk hole and start of the disk. I reburned the disk with verbatim 2.5X again but this time instead with imageburn. Disk back up works like a charm. If it was the laser it would not even read the disk. This once happened to me with both Dreamcast and original Xbox. I had to replace them both due to fauly lenses. Lesson learned is always use the best recording media and try to keep the disks full even if you have to use dummy files. Saves the lense from not working any more.

8. megaman22

megaman22 Member

Hey with a couple of beers and 3 more players it is so much fun :D

But the only thing a can think of is that maybe you are using verbs that were not made in Singapore

9. r4ekvall

r4ekvall Guest

So I pop the Fusion Frenzy disc into my PC and this one is def. burnt incorrectly. I get a Video_TS and Audio_TS folder. So, I'm going to try it again. This time I'm going to put the SplitVid and Add Filler To Video Options back on. Or I might use Schtrom. If it doesn't work I'm going to get a new DVD burner. Just to clarify, to my knowledge you rip the game using XBC or Schtrom...then that's it. Right? It's already stealth this and ixtreme compatible that, right? Three more things on this lengthy post...1) Every backup I make when I pop it into the PC, Windows Media Player shows a Foo Fighters:Every Where Buy Home as the title. Is that normal? 2)On the DVD+R DLs it says RW on the disc, but these discs aren't rewritable are they? 3) How do I tell what firmware I have in my 360? I had a guy install it and I can't get in touch with him. I think it's ixtreme 1.2 but some of the backups he made for me are not ixtreme compatible, while some are (according to XDVDMulleter. I thought they had to be ixtreme compatible to even boot up? Could this have anything to do with it?

10. r4ekvall

r4ekvall Guest

nevermind i got a pioneer 112d and everything works faaaaantastic! thanks for the help guys!