1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with mem exploit..........

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by stuart72, Oct 18, 2004.

1. stuart72

stuart72 Member

I have a flip top with swap magic but it was taking a while to load up so someone suggested i put in a hard drive. I took out a 30gb maxtor from my comp (i know its meant to be 40gb but it should work no?) and i also bought a network adapter. I dont know if i have done anything wrong. Firstly, i cant connect to things on my network adapter but there is a green light at the back. HD loader however completely doesn't recognize my hard drive. I tried to format it but it just wont work. It keeps saying it couldn't be connected. All i did was match up the adapter and hard drive and screw the adapter in.......

Also of course i used the mem card exploit so all i need to do is put in a PSX game to get hd loader.

2. stuart72

stuart72 Member

Please someone?

3. leeborn

leeborn Regular member

make sure u connected it properly and that the jumper is set 2 master.

4. stuart72

stuart72 Member

Im not sure if the jumper was on master - it was probably on slave.

5. stuart72

stuart72 Member

SUCCESS!

My friend you are a genius!

Can i do something like this for xbox though? Is there a prog like hd loader for that which doesn't need a xbox mod?