1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with mov files

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by hhuuggoo, Sep 12, 2007.

1. hhuuggoo

hhuuggoo Member

hi everybody, i'm having problems with opening .mov files. I have K-Lite codec installed, i also installed quicktime alternative but still can't open mov files. Do you have any advice for me. thank you

2. plz69ansa

plz69ansa Member

what do you mean by problems?

It could be video card issues.
    But my guess is your files are corrupt or you need to install quick time player (or some other media player).

3. hhuuggoo

hhuuggoo Member

thanks but my files aren't corrupt and i installed the players and codecs again but still i cant watch .mov files

4. srtyp

srtyp Member

Haha guys :), no problem.
    As i just said in another forum, its not running because u dont have the required codecs installed, and not for any other problem.

FLASHBACK:
    I downloaded a ultra-high video that no player was able to play & unlike anything i have ever seen; from this site:
    http://planet-movies.com/pv:downloa...alls-Collapse?nav=files&action=detail&id=7386
    And guess what?wmp plays it now!

PROCEDURE:
    Install only the required codecs, and not a full codec pack.For the appropriate step-by-step process, have a look at this page:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/48608
    Now even your window media player can play all your video files, whatever format they be :)

all credits goes to Praetor