1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with my new JumpDrive

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Dogg66, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Dogg66

Dogg66 Member

I hope I'm in the right forum for this post.

I have a Lexar 256Mb Elite JumpDrive. When I plugged into my computer, (Windows XP 2.0 Ghz Celeron), I got a message saying "USB Device Not Recognized". It gows on to say that an unknown device plugged into a USB port has malfunctioned.

The first time this happened, I had a Lexar Sport. I took it back and got the Elite instead and I'm having the same problem. The Lexar tech told me to buy an extension cable so I did and I still have no luck. I've tried it on every port on my PC with no luck. My printer and ,ouse work fine but when I put the Jump in I get that message.

Can someone, anyone, PLEASE help!?!?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

3. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Dogg66

I have the sport model with a rubber cap. I also had the same problem, but only on one of my machines. It is my P4 2.26 with an Intel D850EMV2 MB. It turns out that on this board, only one port is actually USB 2.0 and the rest are USB 1.1. I would try this on another PC that is know for having a USB 2.0 port and try that. Again, it will not work on a USB 1.1 port.