1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with myDVD and video capture

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by zarkov, Feb 14, 2005.

1. zarkov

zarkov Member

Hi - having a little problem with myDVD in capturing video. I'm trying to make DVDs of all my old movies from VHS - it all seems fine except using myDVD (now on version 6) - I get a recording time limit of 1 hr 38 mins. I thought this might be a hard drive limit so I bought an external disc (160GB) but it still says the same. Can't make it out - I have fussed around changed just about all the parameters I can find. I know I can capture two files and edit them but I'd like to leave it unattended and just capture 2 hrs or so . . anyone had similar?

Steve

2. pfh

pfh Guest

What's your operating system?

3. zarkov

zarkov Member

Hi

I'm using Win XP

Another site has suggested that it may be the limitations of FAT32 - limiting file size to 4GB?

They suggest converting to NTFS . . could this be it?

At the moment I'm just capturing in chunks . . but a whole one-shot capture would be ideal - I could walk away and leave it.

Thanks

4. pfh

pfh Guest

There is definitly 4 gig limit with fat32 drives so depending on how you installed WinXP.....
    When installing xp an option to use ntfs is usually given. At this point selecting yes will convert a fat32 drive to ntfs, however, you can convert later. Ntfs drives can read and use data from fat32 but fat32 can not read and use data from ntfs. Consult the MS web site for details on ntfs conversion and how it relates to your situation (ie partitions, loss of data, etc.)