1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with nba street 3!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by drumkid21, Mar 6, 2005.

1. drumkid21

drumkid21 Regular member

hi everyone, i've been trying to backup NBA street 3 and havent been able to get it to work. i tried using the patch on ps2nfo.com but it says i'm missing files when i try to apply it...then i tried to rebuild the iso but the iso size was only about 6,000 kb afterwards...when i tried to backup like normal it freezes at the menu screen. someone please help! i have SM 3.3 btw

2. abx

abx Guest

I sure you know this but a high quality media might help. I used Taiyo Yuden and it works. Good Luck

3. drumkid21

drumkid21 Regular member

im using ritek GO4s, are these good enough?

4. newb_11

newb_11 Member

I used ritek Go4's for my backup.

Have you made a good back using isobuster and cddvdgen before. If not you could unistall and reinstall those programs. I have heard some people say they got a bad copy of cd/dvd gen. Also dbl check to make sure all your files are in the right order in cd/dvdgen otherwise you will not get the correct size iso.

5. abx

abx Guest

I read that ritek GO4s are great.

6. drumkid21

drumkid21 Regular member

i've tried to rebuild using isobuster and cdvdgen before but with no luck, and i havent been able to find another version of cdvdgen anywhere to d/l. would you be able to send me the file? i have burned many other games with no prob, but a few gave me a hard time (nba street 3 being one of them) thanks!

7. JLDR

JLDR Member

Try making the ISO image with DVDDecrypter and than apply the patch made by DVDRick... It may work...

8. drumkid21

drumkid21 Regular member

i tried to do that but i got an error message when i tried to apply it, any suggestions?

9. Bladerz05

Bladerz05 Regular member

Did you merge the files before burning with dvd decrypter?

10. Haskett

Haskett Member

Try this method, i used it this afternoon to make a working copy of NBA Street 3:

Credit "Sixman".

This is exactly what you do to burn NBA Street 3 for the PS2.

You only need TWO programs for this simple method.

1. You need Nero Burning ROM 6 (latest or new) & You need ISO Buster (latest ver or new) That's all!!!!!
    2. First you use ISO Buster the newest version you can find.
    3. Then you copy all of the contents of the NBA Street 3 into a folder of your choice.
    4. Now all you have to do is turn on Nero Burning Rom and select the DVD-ROM (UDF/ISO) Option at the bottom.
    5. Now once youv'e done that you simply just look for the option were it reads at the top tabs UDF and put a check in the "Force DVD-Video Compatibility mode.
    6. Now you follow through with the usual naming of the game in the Lable tabs (not required)
    7. Next you click on the New button and then select each of the NBA Street 3 folder contents (left click and hold) and drag over to the Root of the CD Icon located in the top far left of the Nero window. Make sure you put them back in the exact same order as they appear on the original game.
    8. You will see the bar at the bottom of the Nero window rise to a certain MB size. (Just about 2400MB to be exact)...
    9. Now you just BURN it, and your done!!!!!

11. drumkid21

drumkid21 Regular member

hey, i tried this method but was couldnt figure out how to put the files back in the right order in nero because it kept going in alphabetical order...i know it's probably a really stupid problem but do you know how to fix it? thanks again!

12. Dude2099

Dude2099 Regular member

As long as you drag them across in the correct order itll be fine have a look at your backup after you have burned it and you will notice that its in the correct order

13. drumkid21

drumkid21 Regular member

ok, ill try again! thanks! One more question - when i use isobuster should i higlight and then extract the files into another folder or just highlight and drag to another one? thanks!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  14. Dude2099

Dude2099 Regular member

hmmmmmm? im pretty sure either way, you end up with the same result, but you could be meaning something different to what i am thinking.

15. drumkid21

drumkid21 Regular member

ok, that was a really dumb question, they are the same thing! thanks anyway! i'll try it out now

16. drumkid21

drumkid21 Regular member

YES!! it worked perfectly!! thanks so much! do you know if this will work for other games i had problems with like def jam: fight for NY?? thanks!

17. woodsta

woodsta Guest

hi, im tryin to back up from the 'sixman' method also. i downloaded the game and extracted the iso. opened it in isobuster and i get 'DVD' in the top left followed by 'session 1' then 'track 1' then iso and udf. i assume thats right. do i then highlight the files shown on the right of the screen ??? e.g XF, DATABASE, CSCRIPTS - right click and choose extract objects??? am i doing that right? im a bit stuck!! please help

18. Haskett

Haskett Member

Select all of the files in the right hand screen. Drag the files into the folder that you created, it will take some time for it to extract then copy the files into the folder. Once in the folder make sure that they are in the exact same order as they appear in the ISO Buster screen. Select all the files and drag them into the Nero screen and burn. They may reorder themselves once in the Nero screen but as long as you copied them from the folder in the exact order they were in ISO Buster then it will work

19. Dude2099

Dude2099 Regular member

Well supposely it should work with any game but some games can have the dummy files as well, which you will need to track down. And replace with empty dummy files.

20. drumkid21

drumkid21 Regular member

how can you tell which ones have dummy files, and how do you replace them? thanks