1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with NBA Street Vol. 2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by gibbo82, Mar 4, 2004.

1. gibbo82

gibbo82 Member

I did a search for NBA Street 2 and none of the prior topics discussed this. I tried reading the disc with Alcohol, Nero, and DVD Decyptor and they all give me the same problem. At 62% the disc starts slowing down dramatically and then at 63% it completely stops reading and then a few minutes later it stops and gives me a "can not complete" message. Here is the log from Alcohol 120%:

17:19:12 Processor info: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1700MHz (1712MHz)
    17:19:12 Disc dumping: (E:) SONY DVD RW DRU-530A (1:0)
    17:19:12 Reading Mode: General Mode
    17:19:12 DVD Source Info: Session: 1, Track: 1, Length: 3.79 GB / 441:28:40
    17:19:13 Writing image file: C:Documents and SettingsMichael GibsonMy DocumentsNBAStreet.mdf
    17:27:08 Disc dumping failed!
    17:27:08 Error message: [03/02/00] - No Seek Complete
    17:27:08 C:Documents and SettingsMichael GibsonMy DocumentsNBAStreet.mds: Image file writing aborted!

I have tried cleaning the disc several times with a cd cloth and there aren't any major scratches. I have been successful copying multiple games today and my burner is working, so I guess its just the game, but anyone have this problem before?

2. gibbo82

gibbo82 Member

anyone?

3. account

account Guest

it sounds like the game is scratched i think i heard this somewhere on this forum that if your original is scratched you can rent the game and burn it since you own the original it is a legal backup but if i am wrong someone just tell me and'll remove this post

check out my site http://jgames.50megs.com

4. vvha

vvha Member

If your game is still in its warranty period and is damaged you should be able to send it to the manufacturer and get a new copy. From the description of the problem it sounds like the disc is either scratched, dirty or both. I backed up NBA Street Vol2 with no problems using decrypter.