1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Nero 6, NEC 1300A, and DVD+Rs

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by artroo, Nov 22, 2004.

1. artroo

artroo Member

Hi, I have a NEC 1300A (just updated the firmware to 1.0B) and am using Nero 6. I backed up a few movies last week (using Memorex DVD+Rs) and it worked fine, but yesterday, I went through about 10 DVD+Rs and for some reason my DVD player can't read them. Nero and the burner seems to read/write fine and I can see the files being burned but for some reason my dvd player and my laptop can't pick them up. I confirmed that my current settings on Nero are the same as they were when it was working. I've also tried Verbatim DVDs as well but no such luck...help?

2. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Will the DVD's you created at least play back on your computer?

Have you tried slower write speeds?

Do you have the latest firmware for your recorder?

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

3. artroo

artroo Member

Hi there, thanks for the reply. No unfortunately its not playing on my computer, I burned at a 2X speed, and also have upgraded to the latest firmware of 1.0b for the NEC 1300A. Thanks

4. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

No error message during the burn process?

If you use Nero's Disc Info feature, what does it report about the media you burned too?

REgards

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

5. artroo

artroo Member

only message i got is that the source is too slow and the burn speed was reduced to 2X (it can burn at 4X)

6. kchev

kchev Regular member

what program or programs are you using to rip and compress the movies before burning?

What files or folders are on the disc if you "open" it instead of trying to play it?

Latest firmware is 1.0c also.
    Memorex are not the best discs to using either.

Have you ever had backups work or are these the first ones you have ever done?

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Hey ccampbell,
    I know this is a little off the subject I have have came across a couple of people in here that have Sony or LG recorders and they are having problems recording the -R disks on them. They have said they called Sony and Sony tells them it's a Nero issue? My question I guess is have you heard of this before and if so do you know what the fix is? Sorry I dont have the links to these post's right now because I was just browsing around and saw them, but I'm sure I will come across them again and when i do I will edit this message. I just thought you might have come across this before and know the solution..
    Thanks in advance, and again sorry I got off the subject a little :)
    Ok here is one of the threads http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/128544 I told U I would come across one again :)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2004
  8. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Bbmayo,

If you are referring to the Ritek G04 DVD-R media, then Yes I have heard of this. And I have created a bug report on this issue. We are currently aquiring some of the media so we can do our tests on.

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA