1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with nero and other software

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by mojopin, May 22, 2007.

1. mojopin

mojopin Member

Hi

For a long time I have used various decoding and burning software - xilisoft avi -dvd, dvd shrink and Nero....recently whenever I try and use any software other than Nero....I get error messages. I think this coincided with me upgrading from Nero 5 to Nero 7. Has anyone else had a similar problem? I also noticed that if Nero is open, then the other programs tend to work. Is there any way of stopping Nero from preventing my other software to function. I'm confused as to why this should happen, but I'm sure one of you incredibly knowledgable people will have a solution?

Thank you

2. colw

colw Active member

Possible that you have Nero InCD installed - this is a packet writing application that can interfere with other applications - if so, suggest you uninstall using Nero Clean tool and reinstall omitting the InCD module.

3. mojopin

mojopin Member

Thanks colw...I think you may be correct...dont want to sound stupid, but I don't remember seeing an option where you can select which bits of NEro to install on version 7. I had it on version 5. It could be that I just missed seeing it at the install stage....I'll uninstall and run the Nero clean tool and regfix to clear it out completely, then reinstall and keep a watchful eye. Thanks again, i'll post my findings