1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Nero v5.3 and .iso

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by chphoenix, Dec 14, 2002.

1. chphoenix

chphoenix Member

Ok, first of all the file was originally a .iso.exe type. I renamed it to .iso and began to use Nero to burn it as an image. I use an old 4x writer and when I burn the 488 meg file, it only takes about 2 min. The ensuing cd still has all space free and no file on it. I have also tried burnning the .iso file using the standard adaptec easy cd creator. I made it a data cd just to see if that could work, but it just burns the file as a copy of itself to the cd. I tried using winIso on the file, but it says it is not a valid type. What am I doing wrong? By the way, the file is win xp pro.

2. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

where did this file come from? if winiso cannot open it, chances are its no good.

3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Just a guess... maybe it is a self-extracting ZIP/RAR and you just have to execute it (double-click the file name) to extract the proper ISO image before burning?

4. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

ahh.. aldaco12, is quite possible that this file came from Kazaa, and for some strange reason a lot of files downloaded from Kazaa are given the .exe extension after the .iso and .bin extensions.. but, if all else fails, I do like your answer! you never know, it could be true.