1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with nero

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by x1013x, Jan 10, 2008.

1. x1013x

x1013x Member

I have been using Nero 6 Ultra Edition for quite awhile now. I've used Nero wave editor to edit mp3s. I've also used VisionExpress to burn many dvds.

Just a few days ago when I tried to open wave editor my computer starting prompting me to install Easy DVD/CD creator 6 (which I already have installed). I thought that was very strange so I just canceled out and left it alone. It happens everytime I try to open this program and for some reason whenever this happens I can't use Media Player Classic to watch avi files. I get an error message instead. If I restart my computer MPC will go back to working just fine.

The second problem with Nero is burning video. Like I said earlier, I have been using the Vision Express software for quite a while now, but ever since the above incident started my dvds are not burning correctly. Some discs are coming out as unknown disc and my computer stalls out just trying to read them. A recent disc burned but it looked horrible. It looked like the compression rate was set way to high and the bottom of the screen is kinda stretched out looking.

Is there anyone out there who can tell me what the hell happened?

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

When the Roxio software was installed it took over all the program preferences and that's why the Roxio programs are opening. Uninstall the Easy CD/DVD creator (Roxio software) and run the Roxio Zapper and see if that solves your issues.

http://tools.roxio.com/support/tools/roxizap.exe

You may also need to run a register cleaner. You can also change the default program preferences manually by right clicking on the file and choosing Open With..., locating the program to use, and checking "Always use the selected program to open this type of file".

3. 56delray

56delray Regular member

Is the Easy DVD/CD creator from Roxio.
    Nero and Roxio will conflict sometimes.
    Nero InCD will definitely not work with Roxio.
    Post a Nero history log.

4. Xplorer4

Xplorer4 Active member

After running roxiozap, i recommend using a fee registry cleaner like ccleaner.

5. x1013x

x1013x Member

Thank you all for your responses.

I had heard before that Roxio and Nero could cause conflicts with each other, but I have been running both for a at least a year now. There was never an issue before this. Could I have just been lucky? I will try uninstalling Roxio and report back what happens. Thank you again.

6. x1013x

x1013x Member

I finished the removal of Roxio. Nero wave editor is finally working again. I haven't tried to burn a dvd yet but its looking promising. Thank you guys for all your help.