1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with nero

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by polarcreamsoda, Nov 22, 2010.

1. polarcreamsoda

polarcreamsoda Member

Hey all,

im not a new user to nero but since i have upgraded my computer to windows 7, my nero 9 stopped working and i have resorted to using nero 10 free trial for my burning needs.

the heart of my problem right now is that i am trying to compile 3 dvds into one single dvd-9 disc so that they are playable in dvd players. I used dvd shrink to backup and compress the original dvd files and now i am using nero recode to compile them all. There is no problem in selecting them and getting to to the burning stage. I have about 7 gigs worth of video on there totaling about 7 hours runtime, give or take 30 mins.

When it is finished recoding, i try to pop it into a dvd player and it seems to only play the first of the three dvds i am trying to compile. also, when i open up the dvd in windows explorer, it shows that all the files are there and seperated. When i click the video_ts file, it still only plays the first of 3 dvd's but when i click the vts.vob files, it would play the other dvds. Is there any reason why is it does this? could it be because i am using a trial version of nero or maybe i am doing something terribly wrong.

any help on this issue is much appreciated, THANKS!

2. attar

attar Senior member

Is it authored as three separate titles?
    Typically for three titles there would be an .IFO file for each title, thus:

VTS_01_0.IFO for title 1.
    VTS_02_0.IFO for title 2.
    VTS_03_0.IFO for title 3.

Each .IFO would have it's associated .VOB files for the title.

3. Starblazer64

Starblazer64 Member

I have a VTS issue too. Nero displays, "Unable to insert file" when I try burning VTS files. I already converted them using Any DVD Converter Pro. Yet, I still have this issue. I called Nero Technical hot line and they wanted to charge me $69 for over-the-phone assistance. I'm hoping someone here can throw me a clue.