1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with 'new' CD/RWs

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Xase, Jul 19, 2002.

1. Xase

Xase Member

Okay this has me stumped, I've been using 8cm CD/RWs for use in my MP3 players (not UDF formated) just erase and burn (no multisession) and everything was just fine. Then I put together a new machine and when I erased and burned a previously working disc it no longer is recognized by the players..the computer has no problem with it just the players.

I usually use Nero, but have tried about 4-5 other burn progs as well with no luck. The machine stats are

Win XP Pro
    AMD Athalon XP1800+
    Asus 7V333 mb
    512m DDR Ram
    Nero (newest patch)
    TDK Velo 401248X internal

Old machine was PIII 800Mhz same OS and an HP Burner.

Thanks

Brian

2. fallen_br

fallen_br Member

Are you doing just a quick erase? If so, do a full erase, that should do it.

3. Xase

Xase Member

Tried that as well, forgot to mention that this even happens with a virgin never been put in a burner CD/RW. I'm starting to wonder if it might be the burner somehow, since that is the one physical change in the setup (unless there's a setting I missed in the umpteen burn progs I've tried).

This has really got me stumped..and I hate a problem I can't solve/fix :)

4. RedneckJ

RedneckJ Guest

Im having similar problems with writing cd-rw disks myself. i used to have a teac 4x4x24 cd-rw drive that i used to backup my mp3 files and other programs. using cd-rw rather than cd-r`s for me was not a problem the cost wasnt a factor since there is little difference. it sucks that the capacity wasnt as good as a cd-r tho. anyway i used DCD to write my cd-rw`s and everything was just fine, that is until i got my plex 24x10x40a it didnt come with any packet writing software to speak of. disk dupe 2000 which to me seems pretty crappy. anyway ive been using clone cd, nero 5.0 for backing up games but i had heard that adaptec products dont like nero or vice versa, so i got incd because at the time i was having problems from having dcd and nero installed togather, i uninstalled dcd and tried incd now i cant format new cd-rw`s i get a general error everytime, or it will hang up my entire system at the 4 min 09 sec mark (weird huh) and now ive noticed that my old cd-rw`s that i had backed up from before are un readable im guessing due to the format/file system being CDFS i can see that in properties when i try to browse thru the cd its unreadable.
    so to sum it all up my problems are...
    #1 cant format new cd-rw`s.
    #2 cant read existing cd-rw i had made with DCD.
    #3 i really prefer using nero over ez cd creator so id like to keep using that. i thought nero had packet writing capabilitys but i was wrong.
    is there one good program i can use that will solve this problem? someone mentioned an NTI program called nti cd creator or something like that, that ive never used. anyone else have any ideas or suggestions i can try?
    would appriciate some advice on this.
    thanx
    RJ

5. Xase

Xase Member

Redneck: I think we might have slightly different problems (but who knows the cause might be the same) what my problem boils down to is the CD/RW's not being readable in my portable players, but useable on my PC. Mine is just annoying, yours sounds much more serious.