1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with new Sony DVD Drive

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by Dave2802, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Dave2802

Dave2802 Member

hi, i have just recently built my first computer build which i am quite proud of, every thing works perfectly except my new Sony dvd DW-D22a i believe this is the OEM product of the Sony DVD DW DRU-710a. any way to the problem, i normally use dvd decrypter to burn my dvd images only i keep getting a write error message after about one minute of the lead in stage. i was using different types of media and i read that some drives dont like some media and that Ritek was one of the best types of media to use, so i went and bought some 8x ritek disks but i still get the same problem. i have now tried flashing my drive to the dru-710a but i still get the same problem. there are no updates on the firmware for any of the of the two drives. i have tried using Nero 6 to burn which does get past the leadin stage and completes the dvd but when i come to use it, it does not work on any of my dvd players or computer. please can somebody tell me what i should do in order to write a dvd with my drive, at the moment my laptop 2x dvd writer makes my new 16x dvd writer look silly =(

Athlon 64 3500+
    1GB Geil dual 3200
    2 x maxtor 160 GB in Raid 0
    Radeon 9800XT
    water cooled
    Sony DW D22a
    Msi Neo2 platinum

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Wrong forum. Moved :)