1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Ocean's Twelve

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by suzabomb, Apr 14, 2005.

1. suzabomb

suzabomb Member

Ok, I know everyone is going to flip about this, but we are having problems burning Ocean's Twelve. We are using AnyDVD 4.6.3.1, DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15 and DVD Decrypter 3.5.4 (all the latest versions). We keep running into a Cyclic Redundancy Error when it gets to about 30% with Decrypter.

Any ideas from anyone? We have burned 100's of DVDs in the past with no problem, but we have now had a problem with Spanglish, Ocean's Twelve and Elektra.

Thanks!

2. johnnyd54

johnnyd54 Regular member

I copied them fine with the same programs. Clean the dvd or get another copy. That has to be the program. Luck

3. suzabomb

suzabomb Member

The disc is clean and not scratched. I did notice this disc someone gave me reads, "Rental Only". Could this be the problem?

4. arniebear

arniebear Active member

5. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

hey suzabomb, i burn those movie easily using shrink/ nero. with spanglish use decrypter/ movie only/ file mode to hd/shink/nero to burn' no broblems.

6. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

by the way suzabomb, if shrink can't handle a movie,I don't think( could be wrong) that anydvd is going to help. shrink will use its own decorder. it is not going to use anydvd. if u use anydvd or dvdfree with a ripper free program everything will go just fine.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2005
  7. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

see this is what i believe; shrink can't handle arccoss protection because shrink uses its own ripper or decorer( don't know if i'm using proper term). whenever i encounter this problem, i use a ripper free program( like 1clickdvd copy,dvdcpy platinum ripper free version or nero recode2)with dvd43 free and things go just fine. try it people.

8. little155

little155 Regular member

I used AnyDvd 5.0.0.0, DvdShrink And Nero and had no Problem.

9. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

no, little155 you use shrink and it worked 4 you. you thought u use anydvd

10. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@elizerroj

What are talking about. Little155, should know what he/she used. DVD Shrink has not been updated to decrypt the new protections both AnyDVD and DVD Decrypter have. If Shrink cannot handle a movie using AnyDVD will aid it. I did Spanglish using this combo and it worked fine, whereas, Shrink on it own will not backup this movie.

11. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

@arniebear.

1)that shrink has not been uptated is not my piont.u r i know it has not.
    2)that anydvd(i could be wrong)can't help shrink. it was my point.
    3)u said u used anydvd/ shrink and worked. then i'm wrong.

12. suzabomb

suzabomb Member

Thanks for all the help! So, you all have burned Ocean's Twelve with no problems? I tried what someone sent by using DVD Decrypter first and Shrink could not even read the file. I am at a loss on this one. I'll try Nero again, just in case or one of the other programs someone else mentioned. I'm hoping there is not some type of new protection on the newer discs. I'll keep trying!

13. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

suzabomb,
    You need to return the disk for an exchange as the disk more than likely is a bad press. It happens and it is happening more and more as the studios are going w/ the low cost producer. A bad press will usually play in the DVD-Rom but when you go to ripping the movie the computer is not forgiving. Any reputable company will replace the DVD for you as long as you have their receipt

14. johnnyd54

johnnyd54 Regular member

If you can't copy it using decypter and shrink, or anydvd and about anything return the disk. also anydvd willlll work in the background with shrink anytime. try it.....

15. bsvogt

bsvogt Member

Having the same problem with spanglish not oceans 12 though...Using AnyDVD and CloneDVD and get the same message....Don't know what to do being that I'm new to this.

16. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

17. trublue01

trublue01 Member

i got oceans 12 with shrink and decrypt. works on all dvd players in my house unlike my spanglish back up.

18. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

I think that part of the "AnyDVD problem" is the misuse of the program. By that I mean that if one is not patient and does not allow AnyDVD to complete it's function, then their ripper program, no matter what it is, will show the disc is copy protected. If one allows AnyDVD to finish (one half to one minute, depending on your particular computer system), then all current protection schemes are neutralized and the disc will appear "unprotected" to the ripper of your choice, i.e., DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, Nero, etc.

I recommend that in setup of AnyDVD, one select the option of displaying the information window when AnyDVD is finished "doing it's thing". How does one do this? Click on the "Red Fox" and when the window comes up, click on the "programs" tab. This brings up another window showing "Languages and Settings". Check the last box under settings called "Show information window for new media".

Now, when you put in your "Original" DVD, an information window will appear when AnyDVD finishes its analysis, giving you the protection schemes that have been found and eliminated. One may now rip and burn with their favorite programs and have much success.

As others have attested to, AnyDVD and CloneDVD 2, good copy of Ocean's Twelve, Spanglish and Elektra.

@elizerroj,
    AnyDVD runs in the background and presents your disc as regionfree and unencrypted to any copier you have.

19. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

thanks for the info bilboa65. i don't have anydvd, what i have is dvd43free. i have noticed that it doesn't help if i use programs with rippers(like shrink or xplatinum) but when i use ripper free ones(like 1clickdvd copy or recode2)dvd43free works just fine. i mean with arccoss protection movies.

20. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

DVD43free works in a similar manner.