1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with out of region dvds

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by philco_3, Oct 25, 2004.

1. philco_3

philco_3 Member

Ok I bought a DVD from the UK and of course it wont play in any US DVD player. So I figured that I can use the DVD Decrypter to rip it and reburn it to a DVD. It ripped fine to me cause I'm watching it on my computer right now. The only thing that gets me is that when I burn it to a blank DVD, it records it in black and white. Any clues how to fix, or to possible change the region selection?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2004
  2. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

3. philco_3

philco_3 Member

same problem just in differnt zones. I hope someone can figure it out, cause I'm stumped

4. philco_3

philco_3 Member

All rightie guys, I have done my research on PAL to NTSC, but I still dont follow the steps or other programs. If any one can help here the programs that I have Nero 6 Ultra Edition, DVD Decrypter, and Roxio Easy DVD Copy. I want to convert my DVD I have, which is UK, to where it plays in any DVD player, in color like any other US DVD, on a DVD+R disc. Any help is welcome my head hurts from beatting it against the wall.

5. lannigan

lannigan Regular member

Man, it is a seriously major task to covert PAL to NTSC.

You gotta rip the dvd and than reencode with TMPGENC to NTSC. Takes along time and pretty complex.

If it isnt a prerelease(not out on dvd yet) or a rare one,i wouldnt waste my time.

6. MysticE

MysticE Active member

A movie only PAL to NTCS conversion is easy with NeroVision Express. You will end up with only Dolby 2 audio though. Do a movie only reauthor in Shrink then stack, merge and chapter stop the VOB's in NVE.

7. kinza

kinza Regular member

I had a playback problem on my computer. I put the DVD in and the video was in black & white. By any chance do you have MSN/Windows Messenger running in the background? I closed that program and it was playing in color again.

8. philco_3

philco_3 Member

I used DVD Decrypter on it to burn to the harddrive. It has no problem playing in color after I ripped it. When I burned it to a DVD disc is when it plays in black and white.

9. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Your PC will play PAL with no problems, unfortunely you have a NTSC only standalone. You either have to convert it or buy one of the many standalones that will also play PAL (in most cases the disc will still have to be region free to work).

10. lannigan

lannigan Regular member

Just wanted to point this out. I had a PAL dvdr and it was in black and white when i was running the video through my s-video.

I changed the output to composite or rca and it played fine on a NTSC player and NTSC tv.

Maybe try running a composite for the PAL and see if that works.