1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Panasonic Encoder 2.51

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by ChrisTav, Mar 4, 2003.

1. ChrisTav

ChrisTav Member

I'm a newbie in encoding and VCD writing; I use Panasonic MPEG1 Encoder 2.51 and I almost always get messages I don't understand that abort my encoding of AVI files. 2 messages in fact: one that says "Can not get a frame data from a material file" and another one that says "Overflow in converting float to long/int". What can I do?

2. iamwetodd

iamwetodd Member

I'm getting the same error! (repeatedly - overflow error) I usually use TMPeg but I'd like to get Panasonic working as well... Anyone know what the problem is. (davelakecity@yahoo.com)

3. ChrisTav

ChrisTav Member

Hey! At least I'm not alone! Same thing fot me: I use TMPEGenc 2.51, but I would like to get my Panasonic working well. Now, I'm experiencing a double problem: I have three AVI files that crash on Panasonic ("Overflow in converting float to long/int" or "Can not get a frame data from a material file" error)and when I try to encode them with TMPEG, there's no sound !!!! Help me, please! (Join your voice to mine IAMWETODD!) HELP US, PLEASE !!!!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2003
  4. iamwetodd

iamwetodd Member

ChrisTav, regarding your sound problem: This is most likely and AC3 (audio codec) problem.
    Make sure you have divx, divx pro, ffdshow, Xvid, and an ac3 filter installed. For ac3 filter just install Intervideo WinDVD - comes with excellent filter. ( you may know all this already )... also - beware of codec PACKS like nimo they can cause conflicts.

5. ChrisTav

ChrisTav Member

Well, thank you for this tip! Somehow, I am really a newbie, and that codec stuff is quite an odd language to me. I guess I can get these codecs freeware on the net ? And I don't know really what codecs I already have, but I'm sure I installed that Nimo Pack a couple months back... should I uninstall it ? I'm familiar now with the names like AC3, Divx and others, but I'm not to sure about what they do. Well, I can use all the help I can get from good users like you, thanks again... I guess experience and knowledge will come along after a while. But... shit, man, the video world is soooo complicated... but I'm getting a good kick out of it!

6. iamwetodd

iamwetodd Member

yeah, it's fun. Uninstall your codec packs... Go to DIVXSTATION.com and you will learn alot. They also have links to all the codecs and filters you will need. (people may tell you that TMPGenc wont work right with ac3, but it's not true... when they tell you to install the ac3 filter do it, BUT also install intervideo windvd)

7. ChrisTav

ChrisTav Member

Thanks again, I'm going there right away !

8. dcsos

dcsos Guest

Note this this message in Panasonic can come from tolow a bitrate!

9. ChrisTav

ChrisTav Member

Ah! Something new to me here ! And what is a "tolow a bitrate" ? How do I change that ?
    By the way, with all the advices I get on the forum, I messed up my codecs and my Media Player can't read my AVI files anymore (I get that green frame with diagonal slashes)...jeez, I'm fed up of all these problems... one after another... no break! Well, I guess that's life! Also, I posted a thread in the DivX section showing the components of my computer (speed, Ram, video and audio software and codecs); if someone can take a look and tell me what's wrong or what's missing, I would be sooo pleeeeaased! I can't wait to be really efficient in that darn video world! Thank you everyone!

(03/25) Ok, for my Media Player! I downloaded the latest 9 series version and everything went back to normal with my MMP... but the rest subsists !

Last edited: Mar 25, 2003