1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with PC and PS2 playback on burned dvd's

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Roque, Mar 7, 2004.

1. Roque

Roque Member

Well, I got a couple burned dvd's a while ago. I tried them on my PS2 and they worked for most part, but after a certain time period of watching them, they would start freezing up. The time between the freezes decreased all the time, until it froze constantly, and I got the message "Unable to read disc". So, I tried the discs on my PC as well, thinking that it was my PS2 that was the problem. I try them there as well, and the same thing happened, constant freezing up. However, the time at which this constant freezing occurs changes, and I am bewildered by this problem. Does anyone have any ideas on why something like this would occur and how I could possibly solve the problem? Thanks in advance.

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

1. Overheating?
    2. What speed did u burn at?
    3. What settings did u encode the DVD at?

3. Roque

Roque Member

Thanks for the fast reply, Praetor. To be honest, I didn't burn the DVD's myself, so I can't answer questions 2 and 3 now. I hope to get the information regarding the questions within a few days.

Now, regarding the overheating. I doubt thats what happens, since when I play the DVD, it doesn't freeze in the beginning even if I play it for 2 hours. However, towards the end of the DVD (aproximately the last hour), I watch something for 20-25 minutes and the freezing sequence begins, and this happens regardless of if I watch the whole thing straight from the beginning, or when I just insert the DVD, skip the last hour or so of it and watch a portion, meaning that I had not watched the beginnign 2 hours before that(since I had allowed the disc to "rest" for a day or so). I hope that really made some sense to you, if it didn't, please tell me and I will try to re-explain it. I guess I can go forth and say that overheating isnt a viable option? Thanks.