1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with playing dvd on player

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by jparx, Mar 8, 2005.

1. jparx

jparx Member

I just started burning 16x dvd+r with a Liteon 1633s and am having problems with playback on dvd players.

I am using the same software for ripping and coding as I used for 4x that always played well. I have used the same brand media throughout-Ridata dvd+r. I put 3 mpeg1 files on a single dvd using Tmpgenc DVD Authoring and Nero Ultra to burn.

The players I am using are, Daewoo (2yrs old), Magnavox (Les than 1 yr old) and Sony (1+ yr). They all play on the Magnavox but not well on the other 2.

The problems are: Daewoo-Sometimes not at all, second movie skips and stops the rest OK.

Magnavox-sometimes skips the menu. Sony-Sometimes gives message "Dirty disk" and once in a while will not play last movie.

I am going to try burning the 16x at 8x and see if it makes a difference but still prefer burning at 16x.

Does any one have a solution?

Thanx, jparx

2. clifjcb

clifjcb Member

You might want to slow it down to 4x or even 2x for a test burn and see if that works. Also you might try going with -R media and 4x or 2x if slowing down the +R's don't cut it. Ran into a similar problem and slower speed and -R's resolved the problem. One other possibility is to check to see if there is an updated firmware for your burner and if so check what the update corrects. Good luck.

3. jparx

jparx Member

I tried a single movie done in DVD shrink at 8x and it seemed OK.

I read that +r was better quality than -r so I have been using them.

I will try at 4x and see what happens.

Thanx, jparx