1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with playing gane from hd

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by scottas, Feb 21, 2004.

1. scottas

scottas Guest

I am having a problem playing games backed up on my hard drive. I have an xecuter 2.3 pro chip, evox dash and xecuter bios. everything works fine to back up and transfer files back and forth, but when I select my game from the games directory the screen goes black. Any thoughts?

2. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

if you are running an oldr bios, you may need to patch the default.xbe file in the game.

3. scottas

scottas Guest

I'm using Xecuter2.4981. Is there something newer?

4. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

not sure on that. I'm still running the old evoxD6

5. ABMone

ABMone Guest

Which games are causing problems? Is every game you tried not working? Whats your method of putting on HD?

6. scottas

scottas Guest

the only two I have are midnight madness 3 and finding nemo. I'm using flash FXP to connect, craxtion to make the ISO and nero 6 to burn. To get the game on hdd I use flash fxp to read from disk to PC then back to hdd on xbox. Also tried dvd2xbox with same result. Also tried making ISO then used craxtion to extract the iso and then copy to xbox hdd.Also my xbox will read a dvd+r movie backup but not a game disk (dvd+r & dvd+rw). Is this normal? I'm so close. Just need to get over the last barrier. But I must admit, this is fun! I remember the original DOS version of escape from rungistan played off of 5 1/4" floppies. This is much more fun.

7. alas

alas Member

had a similar problem before....solved it by turning off igr. hope it works for you.

8. scottas

scottas Guest

the igr did it. Thanks!!!! Now working on discs.