1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Power Producer 3

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by FordMach1, Apr 30, 2005.

1. FordMach1

FordMach1 Guest

I am trying to use Power Producer 3 to convert some VHS tapes to DVD. During capture, the video hesitates every second. At first I thought it was just the way the capturing worked, but after burning the DVD the hesitation showed up there also. The audio sounds perfect however.

I am using a Sony DVD/VHS combo drive as the video source. It is connected to a Plextor PX-402U converter which is then connected to my PC using a USB 2.0 cable and port. I updated the firmware of the PX-402U but that didn't help. I have e-mailed Cyberlink twice asking for assistance. The first time they e-mailed me back saying to uninstall and then re-install Power Producer. The second time they emailed me a link to an update for Power Producer, but it was for version 2 even though I clearly stated I have version 3. There is no update for version 3.

I have a home built PC using a Soyo SY-P4I 845PE motherboard with the latest BIOS and ATI Radeon 9700 video card with the latest drivers.

I also have WinDVD Creator 2 installed on my PC. It works perfectly

2. aolevano

aolevano Member

I also upgraded to PowerProducer 3 and experienced the same problem. I also received the same "FIX" suggestions that did not work. I upgraded to have access to more productions features that version 2. Version 2 worked fine, so there were no problems with any of the fixes that were suggested be CyberLink.

After uninstalling as suggested I re-installed version 2 and that now has the same video problem as version 3.

The problem is definitely with version 3.

Your letter problem and inquiry to CyberLink happened prior to my purchase of version 3. I shared that information with CyberLink so they would not have to continue acting as if it is a surprise that there is a problem with version 3.

Hopefully they can come up with the fix very soon as I now have no way of capturing video.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

It sounds like the Problem is that the program sucks up too much CPU power while Captureing and it is causeing dropped Frames which is what that Freezeing every second is from.....

Try Captureing at a lower resolution, and if you can capture without it freezeing when at a lower resolution then that is the problem....

InterVideo WinDVR 3.0 is a really good capture program for Mpeg-2/DVD Capture if you want to try an alternitive....

Cheers

4. aolevano

aolevano Member

Lowering the resolution did the trick.

It is amazing that CyberLink couldn't figure that out, but they haven't even responded back to my request yet.

Thank you very much for your advice and I am going to try InterVideo also.

5. aolevano

aolevano Member

I spoke too soon. Lowering the capture rate helped quite a bit but the same problem is still there.

I just heard from CyberLink and again they want me to try importing files and playing them etc.. They will not admit that there is an issue with PowerProducer version 3.

I am going to try InterVideo WinDVR 3.0. It that works okay the only thing to do after that is let the manufacturer of the burner that bundled PowerProducer with their product of the issues and lack of productive response that I have been receiving.

It looks as though PowerProducer 3 was a waste of money. I hope I am wrong but I need to get a program that works.

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well how fast is your PC?? Because I couldn"t Capture at full resolution Mpeg-2 at the Highest Quality untill I got a PC that was 2.5ghz with 512mb ram...
    The PC I had before that was a P-4 1.7ghz and I could only capture at a Max of SVCD resolution (480+480)with it and wasn"t able to Capture to full DVD Resolution mpeg-2 untill I upgraded to a 2.5ghz...

Well good luck.....Cheers