1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Prey for Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Mooyman, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Mooyman

Mooyman Member

Hi all,

I have a burned copy of Prey that does not seem to work. I have most xbox 360 games but this one gives me "unrecognized disc". I searched around and picked up some mild rumors that I need to update my console (which has not really been updated). Then I found out that some fall updates are bricking systems.

My question is this: did I just burn the game incorrectly (as sometimes even at 100% complete burning an error in burning still occured), or do I need to update my console to play this game?

If anyone else had this issue or has any helpful suggestions I would appreciate it. Thanks.

2. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

try burning at 4x.

3. Mooyman

Mooyman Member

I burned it at 2.4x.

In general, can this game be played without an xbox update?

4. Rich22

Rich22 Member

bump....im having the same problem. Its a backed up version of PGR3, burned at "max" in CloneCD, the .iso file was dumped by using the hotswapping method and was then merged using SSmerger to make a .dvd file. The burned completed all the way to 100% and said successful but when I put it into the 360 is comes up as "Unrecognizable Disk"
    Any suggestions?

5. EliteXero

EliteXero Member

Burning at 'max'?

If you mean the max speed, that could be the issue. I burn all my games with clonecd at the '2-2.4x' setting and I havent had a problem with

Dead Rising
    Saint's Row
    PGR3
    Burnout Revenge
    Lost Planet: Extreme Condition

So it could be the speed setting.

If you're dumping your own images, make sure you're setting the SS merger business properly, I just download already done images, so I can't really help you there.

Have a look at this:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/359114