1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with PSX Games and running them on PS2 and PSX

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by FaTaLiuS, Oct 8, 2007.

1. FaTaLiuS

FaTaLiuS Member

Alright heres whats going down with my problems i have:

A PSX Model 9001 with a Stealth Modchip

and

A PS2 Slimline v14 Tape and Tissue Modded for SwapMagic 3.8 CODER and using a PSX CodeBreaker to do PSX Backups (for now, may consider a Breaker Pro which im going ask a question about that in a min)

Ok....I have made images of Road Rash, Darkstalkers, Streak H.R., X-Men COTA, and Ridge Racer Revolution, burned them with these tools: Fireburner, CloneCD, and Nero 7 and lowest my burner will burn these images is unfornitey 16x speed, and i used HP CD-Rs burn these images.

When I booted these games in the PSX ModChipped Console what happens is:

Road Rash - Doesnt pass the PSX Logo

Darkstalkers - Doesnt pass the PSX Logo OR It spins up and then stops and asks to insert a PSX Game

Streak H.R. - Doesnt pass the PSX Logo

X-Men COTA - Boots but NO CDDA Soundtrack in the BG

Ridge Racer Revolution - Doesnt pass the PSX Logo (copy 1) Boots but has lots of trouble trying to read the audio tracks and ince has short freeze pauses.

When do my PSX Codebreaker Swap (BTW i go to the CD Player Function, press STOP and SWAP) this is what happens:

Road Rash - Boots right up, no video skips, only locked up one song i tried to play (bug???)

Darkstalkers - Boots right up, shows CAPCOM logo fine w/ no skips, no CDDA Audio due to CB Swap

Streak H.R. - Boots right up, loads racetracks fine, no CDDA due to CB Swap

X-Men COTA - Boots but NO CDDA Soundtrack in the BG (diito from PSX)

Ridge Racer Revolution - Boots up fine, no CDDA due to CB Swap

Also I have used HP CD-Rs with no problems on my PSX, PS2 CD Games, PC Games, etc.... systems. Whats funny too is i have few PSX games i have burned on these HP CD-Rs (gran Turismo, Roscoe McQueen, a few others i cant think of right now.) and boot just fine and dandy. What am I doing wrong? Also about the Breaker Pro, does it boot in a v14 slimline and will it let me play games with redbook audio play the audio along with the game (Tekken 1, RRR, Jet Moto, etc...) or can do something to make the CD Audio work with my Codebreaker PSX CD. THanks alot.

- FaTaLiuS

2. FaTaLiuS

FaTaLiuS Member

A month without a response....lets bump this sucka

3. masesaco

masesaco Regular member

HP discs are good for data, not for games (you get some of them work sometimes)
    Best cds are: TDK, Verbatim, Sony (here in my country, Portugal).
    To burn psx games, you must burn them with the lowest speed available in your cd burner drive.(under 4X).
    Calibrate lens of your ps2, if necessary (and clean it).
    I think that if you use Breaker Pro with that ps2 version you have no problems.
    About the audio problem...arenĀ“t you using NTSC games with a PAL tv set, or PAL games with a NTSC tv?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  4. FaTaLiuS

FaTaLiuS Member

Well sometime has passed since this post...my PSX 9001 system i sold it off. For like games like Road Rash it was skipping so i tried the old flip a roo trick which stop a bit of the skipping but some games still had problems. So I found a good contendiond PSone SCPH-101 Mini PSX works fine. And when i tried those games again they worked for the most part other than the problem of trying to figure out how to play redbook audio games like Darkstalkers, Streak, Ridge Racer, Tekken with proper playing audio. Codebreaker will play the games just not the audio at all in games with redbook audio. And like before for some stupid ass reason i cant burn slower than 16x i dont know why but i cant...the software wont let me....i usally burn cd-rs and dvdrs at a tops of 4x and dvd+R dls at 2.4x speed. Im think about chipping the PSone if i can find a good price on a Psone mochip somewhere. BTW its NTSC games on a NTSC console, i dont have any PAL to NTSC games yet until i can find a conversion software where not only it converts PAL to NTSC but has a Y fix too. and also if i get a Breaker Pro does that fix my redbook audio problem??? thanks