1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with R4i used on DSI v 1.3E

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by LoMaFr, Sep 12, 2011.

1. LoMaFr

LoMaFr Member

I have a probem with a DSI v 1.3E and a R4i gold card version 1.4.

Can these two things work together? og what can i do? I am not en expert whit installing these things, so please help mee :eek:)

Thanks

2. GBX_Lee

GBX_Lee Regular member

Yeah it will work, just refer to the office site, download and unzip the firmware to the root of the microSD, then everything would work.

3. Dylanbug

Dylanbug Member

i thought your DSi is 1.43E not "1.3E" than you need to use a DS to update your r4i gold. just go to r4ids.cn and then download the related update patch, there is a read me file, follow the update method....

4. LoMaFr

LoMaFr Member

Thank you very much, i'll try. But my Good i'm fare away from beeing an expert, maybe i'll be back :eek:)

5. Dylanbug

Dylanbug Member

lol , just come back at any time when you need help. Our members are glad to help you.

6. edd01655

edd01655 Member

Hi guys my daughter dsi was running vers 1.43e and was getting an error with an r4i ultra card which i just could not get the dsi to work so here is what i did which worked perfect first of all you need an old dsi lite ect running vers 1.3 or earleir first of all put the 1.56 kernel from r4 on the card moon shell ect then download the akaio 1.86 update only not kernel make sure before you put on 1.56 kernel the card is formated to fat 32 so to clarify the card should now have 1.56 kernel on it and the akoi 1.86 update place the card in the ds lite and switch on you can now see card as dotarimtsu press a to get into card not stylus in the directory you can see the update press a the machine now asks wether you want to carry on with the update you can damage your chip press start upadate will go to 100 percent reboot ds card is now ready to be used on dsi to check this is done prpoerly ds lite or dsi should be showing r4 card as chinese writing as doratimitsu card will now take games and play on vers 1.43e took me three days to work this out good luck but it can def run on r4i ultra card with new vers