1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems With Remaining MB on CD After Upgrading to XP Pro

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Woody69, May 7, 2003.

1. Woody69

Woody69 Guest

I just upgraded to XP Pro Plus. Now the CD-RW that I have been storing all my graphics, music, etc. on is reading 538 MB and Full. Ihad previously only used 265 MB. I also get a message that XP does not support CD-RW's and it will not let me copy, move or delete fro the CD-RW.

I need HELP with this, Please!!!

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i'm sure what win xp pro PLUS is?

is it a new operating system? i have xp pro not heard of plus! has it just come out?

are you useing xp to burn for the program? if so get updates! fom msn website i think i see one there yesterday for burning problems!!!!

3. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Chances are you need the latest UDF reader installed on your pc. Are you using any packet writing software and if so, what program? I don't use packet writing software simply because cdrw's tend to "lock up" my pc from time to time and I have a large enough internal hd anyways. Search Google for UDF reader and if you have yet to install your packet writing software, do so and this "might" be the fix.
    Take Rotary's advice and go to WinXP updates and look for any updates that pertain to cd-r(w) burning.

Shoey :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2003