1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Ridata 8x DVD+R?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by redbaron5, Mar 12, 2005.

1. redbaron5

redbaron5 Guest

I've been using Memorex DVD+R 8x discs for my last 50 burns (on DVD Shrink)with no probs. Last week I picked up a spindle of 50 Ridata DVD+R 8x discs for a REALLY good price but none of he movies I've burned with the Ridata discs are playing in my household dvd players. Can DVD Shrink or my burner be sensitive to brand names (i doubt it)...anyone else experience this? I've tried reducing the burning speeds to 4x but that didn't work.

2. Noqoilpi

Noqoilpi Regular member

Stand alones are

3. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

4. redbaron5

redbaron5 Guest

thanks...guess i should test out other dvd makers to avoid being a slave to memorex!!

5. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

your welcome,let us know how it works out for you.

6. redbaron5

redbaron5 Guest

just to close the loop on this in case anyone else is experiencing this problem, it seems that my copy of DVD Shrink needed to be uninstalled and re-installed...I guess this happens from time to time with the program after its been running for a while (conflicting burning programs such as nero or DLA OR spyware seem to have a funny effect on Shrink after a while maybe).

So for now, brand name of dvds doesn't seem to have been my prob.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/169198

7. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

My suggestion to you is to rip to your hard drive first, then use Nero to do the actual burning (not just using its drivers). Make sure you select 'DVD-Video' so that DVD compliancy is checked before you do any burning.