1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with silent hill 4, castlevania lament of innocence, others

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ajarina, Mar 12, 2005.

1. ajarina

ajarina Member

i have a v12 slim ps2 (just bought it over christmas, so no lens problems), flip top, sm v3.3, burn with a Samsung 16X Model TS-H552B and use ritek g05 media at 2x or 2.4x (games i burned with 1x would barely load, movies would skip like crazy). i use dvd decrypter to read images and alcohol 120% to burn. i have read the thread regarding changing alcohols burning specs to get good burns, so please no advice about that (i dont mean that to sound rude, im just giving you guys a good idea about what i have done and not done :)).

anyway, i recently backed up castlevania lament of innocence and silent hill 4. i cant remember if i tried them immediately after i burned them, but castlevanias movies skip horribly and so do silent hill's (in addition to loading taking forever with silent hill). could anyone give me advice on fixing this problem? i think it could be because i havent saved my ps2 settings (in the initial options menu) on this new memory card i have, or that they are just bad burns (maybe 4x will work better? everything i heard about 4x giving trouble has proven false).

does anyone have any idea what has gone wrong? thanks so much for any and every piece of info to help :)

2. AtariBorn

AtariBorn Regular member

If all else fails...try different media.

Who knows, maybe Memorex, or TDK is the answer for your PS2.

3. RemyK313

RemyK313 Regular member

Yeah, I blame bad media. I have plenty of games that I burned at 2.4X on Yuden media that have problems with streaming movies that are on the edge of the disc.

So, yeah, try other media.
    And by the way, I'm using the same configuration as you, v12, fliptop, SM3.3, and a LiteOn SOHW-832S DVD burner.