1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Sony DRU 720A, DVD Writer

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by neostar19, Apr 1, 2005.

1. neostar19

neostar19 Member

I had bought a DRU 720A Sony DVD Writer , the issue is that when I burn a +R or –R disc at any speed, the DVD drive it keeps blinking all the time, even while its burning and till the end of the burn, its complete, but when I burn a DVD +RW disc it burns with one constant light no flashing, in both the ways its burning successfully but with some minor errors, i am using the latest version of nero and alcohol 120%... but this behavior of blinking while writing makes me suspicious and all. I have used Liteon before for 3 years without any such issues, but what’s your opinion, what are your opinion..

2. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

i would say thats normal for the led light to blink while its burning . my 710a blinks while burning without any issues . now my girls nec on the other hand , the light stays lit while burning without any issues . if you getting good burns and are not making coasters , i would its working fine .