1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PROBLEMS WITH SONY DRU500A AND NERO

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by blunic, Apr 18, 2003.

1. blunic

blunic Guest

could somebody help me please.??? having same sort of problem. trying to use sony 500dru500a with nero but haing problems. also having trouble using record now dx that came with dvr rom. have backed up disks with rec now dx but majority fail. nero reconises writer as cdr and dvdr but locks up when i press start

present firmware is 2c. the programe nero reconises my writer sony dru500a dvr/w
    sony dru500a cdr/w

have tried different versions of nero. some dont even reconise burner.

have done speed checks etc. and all reconise drive sony dru500a. i have reinstalled several times and tried removing drive and starting from fresh.

this is realy bugging me becaus its only somethig stupid and a common problem. firmware is availible but there is no real description about what they do. they nearly all say the same thing.

2. onkelandy

onkelandy Member

You probably should describe what your PROBLEM really is - does Nero burn the DVD but your topset-player doesn't recognize? Or what's the deal... I also have the Sony and newest Nero. REMEMBER:
    Newest Firmware is 2.0e not 2.0c !!!
    Newest Nero: 5.5.10.20

I have no problems here.. The only prob I have with Nero when trying to use a non-blank RW-media: Nero doesn't recognize my drive anymore. I have to use Record Now to delete the media or to burn multisession RW-medias.