1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Sony DVD-R

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Mpdogg25, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Mpdogg25

Mpdogg25 Guest

Anybody ever have problems with Sony DVD-R's? I have burned a couple of movies that wont play at all on my Toshiba 3800 DVD Player but play just fine on my XBOX and PS2. Also in one case I re-burned the movie and it worked on my Toshiba DVD Player. I am using DVD Shrink 3.2 and Nero 6 to Burn with a Toshiba DVD Burner.

2. biglog9

biglog9 Member

some players dont like certain media
    does your player play any dvd-r

it also might be the speed you are burning at
    slower burns work better

3. kjmuscles

kjmuscles Member

I have used a bunch of sony dvd-r's and only had a problem with them when I put labels on them. Without the labels, they seem to work pretty good with my toshiba sd-4700 dvd player

4. Mpdogg25

Mpdogg25 Guest

I haven't had a problem with 99% of the DVD-R's on the Toshiba Player. Like I said there have only been a couple of instances where they didn't want to play. I will try a lower burn speed on them and see if that helps. I only have about 12 discs left on that spindle anyway, so i'm about to order some Ritek's. I have heard only good things about them.

5. kinza

kinza Regular member

My Panasonic plays the Sony DVD-R's(SONY08D1) fine.It's a 50-50 chance with my PS2. Some of the backup games freeze or don't work at all while others perform flawlessly. Did you get them at Best Buy [bold]Mpdogg25[/bold]?