1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Surreal 64 and roms

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by nrfisher, Nov 22, 2004.

1. nrfisher

nrfisher Member

I've successfully loaded Surreal64 on my HD and I'm having trouble running most of the roms. Most of them get stuck on the black screen after trying to run them from the launcher. I'm also having a strange problem uploading a few roms to my xbox using flashfxp or cuteftp. Anyone know anything about either of these problems?

2. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

XBOX only has 64MB RAM so it is difficult for it to emulate some N64 roms, which are range from 64MB-256MB in RAM.

3. punqewe

punqewe Active member

At xbox-scene.com there is a post in the emulators forum about what games run best with what emulator in the surreal package...I suggest you check it out.

4. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

Yuppers indeed, I messed fo rages to find what ran best
    you can also mess with the settings to allocate more/less memory etc to the game. The GOOD news is Mario64 and mario kart run pretty damn good.

5. nrfisher

nrfisher Member

Thanks for the help guys. Anyone have any idea why certain roms won't transfer via ftp? Only specific roms fail to transfer so I can't figure out what's up.

6. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Check the file names and see if they contain weird character or if they're too long.

7. pleashelp

pleashelp Member

can anyone help me i've had no problem installing fce nes emulator snes, sega, and psone but for some reason the surreal or any other n64 emulator i try does not work it just goes to the loading screen but doesnt load. i know its not how im doing it i'm putting it in e:/emulators with all of my others and every one works but the 64

8. TMadlem84

TMadlem84 Member

Anbody know where I can download Surreal64? I've been searching for awhile with no luck! PLEASE HELP!

9. punqewe

punqewe Active member

X to the muvafuggin BINS

10. jhengens

jhengens Member

peeps that are using softmod or an old bios can't do all the things than when a modchip is installed.
    i have used softmodding and i had fimiliar problems. I couldn't load a backup dvd of Enter The Matrix. Some games and software wouldn't load and stick at the black screen.
    After i modded my xbox with alladin live, the first thing i did was checking out the matrix dvd-r.... and it loaded fine. the same thing happened with the emulator and roms.
    advice to softmodders: when evox installed backup your eeprom,hddkey.. so you can unlock the hdd when a error code shows up and create/restore hdd with XBOXHDMAKER (also used for swapping hdd's, use liveinfo for generating hddkeys for your xbox eeprom)
    otherwhise you have big problems bringing your xbox hdd back to life

HDD hotswapping in windows is the worst thing you should ever do and stick with error code 07 (don't f*ck up your hd firmware)

11. punqewe

punqewe Active member

I've never had a problem yet,and with the psone emulator you will need a bios file...search for it and put it in the bios folder in the emulator. Then you will have to rip your game with cdrwin and before you put the bin and cue files into the emulator you should open the cue file with notepad and change the dir in the cue file. Search for a tutorial. With emulators freezing up,try deleting the gamesave for the emulator in the microsoft dash. Also if you can delete the cache for the emulator.

12. HaryKewel

HaryKewel Member

where can i download surreal 64 roms?