1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Swag Magic 3.3

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by atfxkmk, Jan 30, 2005.

1. atfxkmk

atfxkmk Member

I got Swap Magic 3.3 for xmas, and I haven't gotten one backup to work since then. I've tried using Nero and DVD Decryptor, but everytime I try to run it using both the CD and DVD version of Magic Swap 3.3, I get "Not a valid PS2 disc" error.

I've run a backup of the movie Army of Darkness on my PS2 so I assume it can read all DVD-R's. I've tried burning the backups on Memorex, Sony, and Maxell. I am pretty sure I am using the slide card correctly, but since I haven't gotten one backup to work I'm probably not doing it right. My DVD burner is MAD DOG MD-16XDVD9, incase that info is needed.

Do any of you have any idea at all why this isn't working? I've looked numerous times on this site for an answer, read several FAQ's I found, and I haven't found an answer yet to it.

2. atfxkmk

atfxkmk Member

Oh, and I burn at 1x speed, plus close anything not needed when burning. I also don't work on my computer when burning.

3. imodhalo

imodhalo Member

I hope your doing it this way.First you burn the game.Then put in the swap magic disc.Then use the slide card and unlock the cd tray.then put in the burned game.This is the part i didnt know to do.After you put the burned game in you have to put the slide card back in the lock the drive back in.you have to put the card in and move it to the left.This should help you if you didnt know that.

4. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

use quality media,
    The maxell's are good the others save for movies,
    Just as posted before Burn at slow speed.

5. atfxkmk

atfxkmk Member

Yeah I am locking the trey after putting the backup CD in. I believe I am doing it right, but if I'm not, that's probably the step that I am doing wrong.

6. atfxkmk

atfxkmk Member

I read on some other threat that not many PS2's like 8x DVD-R's, which is what I'm using. Could this be the problem?

7. kiwiman

kiwiman Guest

dude for swap magic to work u need a slide to to go intour cd thing so that it will work

8. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Last edited: Jan 31, 2005