1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PROBLEMS WITH SWAP MAGIC 3.2

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by airh22, Oct 11, 2004.

1. airh22

airh22 Member

I have a PS2 V9 OR V10, And I cannot load the cd-loader needed to load some ps2 games, I am trying to Play Hot Shots and it will not load, looking into swapmagicfix, you need the cd loader extra step to get working, but when I load the cd-r Swap Magic it works just fine once I swap to the loader it just sits there with a red border along the end and will not load the loader I have tried 4 burns both 650 and 700 mb cd-r. So then I tr an older PS2 and it works fine.

why is it that the newer ps2 will not work with the cd loader. I did try to load a PS2 cd-r game with the swap magic and it works fine, but any time I need to use the loaded the loader software never loads and stops working. Any help please have spend hours trying to fix.

2. knapptown

knapptown Member

Try to download cdloader v7all which is designed for v7+ playstations, which you can find in some members links on this site or on swapmagicfix.com. I have a v4 and this cdloader v7all works on all versions. I used alcohol 120% to burn it onto a 80 min cd-r even though the cdloader program is only 29-30 Mb. I had the exact same thing with the red border happen to me on hot shots golf fore! when I tried using on the memorex "cool colors" cd's, but then tried with just a normal silver cd-r and it worked fine for me. I've worked out all the kinks with this and spent many an hour trying to get to work so if you still have problems let me know.

3. airh22

airh22 Member

Yeah, I have tried to V7+ all and tried 3 diff. style cd-r's, and all the same problem. Even with some ps1 games as well. But hot shoots still does not work.

4. meta1

meta1 Regular member

Tried re-burning it?

5. airh22

airh22 Member

4 times

6. knapptown

knapptown Member

You probably know all this already but here's what I did when I had problems making it work and mine plays fine now:

1) load cd swap magic disk and wait for insert disk (can't remember what screen actually says/looks like but you get the gist and press x)
    2) insert cdloader disk (I downloaded a trial version of alcohol 120% and downloaded the cdloader v7all link I found from a member on this site. You'll have to have winzip to decompress the file once it's done downloading. I opened up alcohol 120% and selected image to burn and selected the .cue (not the .bin) file and hit the record now tab.) Once this disk is through doing its thing you'll get cued for another disk (again not sure what it says but you'll know when you're there) and hit the EJECT button on your ps2
    3) Load the swap magic dvd, close the tray (DO NOT USE FLIP-TOP FOR THIS STEP) and it will tell you to load the game by EA method (that I remember)
    4) Open the flip-top and load in the hot shots golf, press start, and if everything recorded and was done correctly, you should be swinging away.

It's that easy. By the way I am using 80 min. memoerx cd-r's to record cdloader to.

7. airh22

airh22 Member

Tried the DVD-LOADER you have and works like a champ!! Thanks alot!!!

8. knapptown

knapptown Member

No problem, if only I could get all my backups to work like that.