1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Swap Magic DVD Version

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by bboy_flex, Sep 16, 2004.

1. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

My problem is this. My friend recently purchased swap magic version 3.2 usa build. I already have swap magic and that was the reson he got it aswell. the problem is booting up the swap magic dvd thats right dvd. It booted up fine on my ps2 but for his it only gets to the playstation 2 logo and then goes back to the browser. The cd version boots up just fine for him. Do you guys have any idea as to whats wrong. My best guess
    is that his lens is dirty and needs to be cleaned. Is there any other possibilites. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

same thing happened with my ps2. he could try cleaning his laser. i ended up selling my ps2 and buying a new one.

3. dud0r

dud0r Member

load the cd version, when it says load program en video mode, press eject.
    Put in a dvd with a high toc like devil may cry.
    wait till "refresh toc" screen disappears and it goes back to load program.
    Now use the slide card, this works fine for me.

4. ev1l

ev1l Guest

if you are having problems with your cd or dvd swap magic dise. you either wanna clean it out the dise or buy a new one by its self it only 13.00 per a dvd and thats very cheap

5. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

Im not having any problems with the disc. The disc works fine on my ps2, its my friends ps2 where it isnt recognized. How exactly can you boot up a dvd from cd version. Is it possible for you to write me the step by step instructions. Also about a game with a high TOC, is Vice city good? Thanks

6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

dud0r already did.

7. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

Thanks guys for helping me get the game working. He can know play it from the cd version but soon he is buying a new ps2 so its all good. Thanks again for all your help.