1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Swapmagic

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by wick780, Oct 19, 2004.

1. wick780

wick780 Member

Hi, just got swapmagic and fliptop. I'm not impressed... First of all the Swapmagic CD version won't load at all...well..it did once..Don't know whats up with that. It makes a horrible noise when trying to read the cd. Msg recieved is disk error. The Swap magic DVD loads half the time, usually makes it to the memory card/ps2 disk selection screen...takes about 4 trys for it to finally read. I have only got 1 game to work so far and it wasn't fully tested. I've tried MKD and won't get past load screen...Shadow Hearts 2, freezes in many diffrent spots, xmen legends, reverts back to the memorycard/game selection screen... only game that seems to work as of now is La Pucelle Tactics. I have tried 3 diffrent dvd+rs...all good cept for one cheapy brand. I burned at 2.4x on DVD+R's. Seems I have wasted time and money :( Any suggestions?

2. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

What version is your ps2 if it is below V7 it may only be able to read dvd-r discs.

3. wick780

wick780 Member

Its a V4. I have a game working on a DVD+R so I'm doubting that is the problem. Also MKD made it past the load screen...the loading was just ungodly slow. And well it froze...or maybe its still loading. Anyways I'm more confused on why my swapmagic 3.0 disk won't read..in fact my ps2 is not reading any cdloader cdrs either. Just makes a horrific nosie and reads disk error. Ha! and MK just moved some more...to slow to accept though...could this be a bad disk problem?

4. wick780

wick780 Member

LOL, it took over 10 minutes of loading but I made it to the title sceen in Mortal Kombat Deception....are these load times common?

5. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

Load times do slow down with some copys of games.
    As for the swap magic cd im not really sure whats wrong with it was probably damaged in the post.
    See if you can try it out in somebody elses ps2 just to check.

6. wick780

wick780 Member

Well, I can understand longer load times but I'm sure it shouldn't be as long as MKD is taking. I just backed up Phantom Brave and it works great. Used Alcohol to burn that one. Going to re-try MKD and see if maybe thats the problem. Used Nero before.

7. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

I think you maybe on to something there i remember using nero to burn americas 10 most wanted. And that has slow load times but all my other games dont.

8. wick780

wick780 Member

Bleh, burning it with alcohol 120% didn't work. In fact its running worse.

9. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

Oh well if is see anything ill let you know.

10. brutus825

brutus825 Member

Have you tried using dvd decrypter to burn your games?
    I have copied approximately 45 games and I have got all but 2 to work. I use dvd-r ritek dvds. Playstation 2 does run better with dvd-r's. My cd swap disk doesn't work either but I dont need it so I am okay with that.