1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with sy-via-150 card and Hitachi 79

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by doanks, Dec 11, 2007.

1. doanks

doanks Member

Hey everyone. I have an Xbox 360 Elite with the Hitachi 79 DVD rom. I have installed the Passkey, and all the visable signs of the chip working (blue light for a couple seconds, two presses to load tray, blinking green light when loaded) are happening. I also bought the Creative I/O SY-VIA-150 card as many of you suggested. I have installed the drivers (5.60A as given on the website), and the card works fine.

Here's the problem. When I boot the computer WITHOUT anything plugged into the SATA card, the card registers fine. But, when I attach the Xbox 360's dvd drive to it, Windows gives an error "This device cannot start (Code 10)" in the device manager, and the DVD drive doesn't show up.

Some things to note: I am using an old Dell PC without any on-board SATA controlers. I have also tried this card in two computers now, one with on-board SATA controllers (aBit MB) and this one without with the same results. I have done nothing but install the Passkey (no Slax bootup or rewiring the power brick). I have also plugged the DVD drive directly into the MB SATA connector of the one computer, and it saw the drive fine (just wouldn't dump the firmware).

Please help! This is supposed to be a Christmas present for a friend of mine, and I've run out of ideas.

Thanks.

2. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Download the 5.30 drivers.

Google it and you'll find them on majorgeeks.

3. doanks

doanks Member

Just got done. Still no dice. Don't know if this helps, but when the SATA BIOS comes up, it says that there are no devices attached to the card. I don't know how to get into the card's BIOS - are there setting that need to be tweeked om the BIOS?

4. doanks

doanks Member

Just fixed the problem! It was the cable. Had to use the xbox 360 original cable. Word from the...well, not-so-wise I guess. Thanks for the input everyone!