1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with taiyo yuden 8x

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by thunkit, Mar 5, 2007.

1. thunkit

thunkit Member

I don't know if i'm doing the right thing here, but it wouldn't have made any sense to reply to the last comment with a question. Is there an option to just ask a question; I didn't see it. At any rate, I bought confirmed ty 8x from Supermediastore. I use a panasonic dvd recorder and they appear to burn fine for awhile (in one case, over two hours on a 2 hr and 15 minute movie!), then the dvd recorder goes off. When I re-insert the dvd, it says 'not recognized', as if I was putting in a format it didn't play. I've had this happen with 5 discs out of about 60 so far. I could care less about the 35 cents for the disc, it's the wasted recording time I'm concerned about. Do you think this is a problem with the panny or...?

2. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Could be - I had a Philips DVDR-72 That sorta did the same thing ! I would use quality disc and GeT disc error messages like yours or it would kick up errors at the end of recording ! I bought a Liteon 5005 It was cheaper than fixing the old unit !

3. thunkit

thunkit Member

Thanks for the reply. From everything I've heard about taiyo, it didn't seem as if that would be the problem. Weird that it just happens once in a while, though, you'd think it would be more consistent. This is basically copying movies from tcm, ifc and other cable stations from my dvr, this couldn't possibly be any copy protection thing, could it? I had one movie that failed three times. It was a 2 1/2 hr movie, so I finally split it between 2 dvd's and that worked!