1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with tape and tissue method

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by rukasu, Mar 15, 2007.

1. rukasu

rukasu Member

Hi! I've known about this place for a while, posted here because I've been having some problems. Sorry if this is worded badly so please bear with me haha

I ordered SwapMagic with Magic Keys, but after looking around the internet I read that it's near impossible to get the third component to Magic Keys in with a version 14 Ps2.

So I tried to do the Tape and Tissue method. I opened the back of Ps2, taped down the sensor with around 3 pieces of duct tape, and closed it up. I then put a tissue ball in the hole above the power button and put a little piece of clear tape over it.

EDIT: I reaized this is in the wrong section so I posted it again in the correct one. A mod may delete this!!

I tried turning on the Ps2, worked. Opened the lid, lots of scratching, I could clearly see the disc attempting to move, the game continued to run for a couple more seconds, but then it just died all togheter.

So then I opened the Ps2 again, put another 4 or so pieces of duct tape over the sensor, closed it up, took out the tissue ball and put in a new one (a little bigger this time)

Tried turning on Ps2, worked. Opened the lid, lots of scratching, same thing as before but the game stayed running for maybe a couple more seconds this time.

I'm just curious am I doing something wrong? I was also thinking maybe if it stays for 10 seconds anyways that's enough time to swap the discs when it says to?

Thanks a lot to whoever replies!!!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
  2. steimy

steimy Active member

it is just a cheap mod, i am sure it can be done correctly but i would still rather have the Magic Keys if it were me.

3. neptune

neptune Regular member

on the back sensor get some velcro which is heavy. cut one small piece and place it over the sensor only place it on the sensor not to big that is ......just use the sticky side down (( tape will come of in time then you will have to reopen your ps2 and do it all over again)) i know i had to lol. as when you get the back sensor down then put your lid back on just shove a small amount of tissue paper in front sensor then tape the paper in place so it will never move.........

Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
  4. rukasu

rukasu Member

oh wait hold on do you have to do the tissue part AFTER the back sensor one?

I think I may of done it before. also if it helps I was actually using masking tape not duct tape.

thanks so much for the reply

5. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

k u might have done something wrong i can't see how that could possibly happen.
    DON"T TAPE THE DISK SENSOR THING UNDER THE FLIP TOP COVER (THE LITTLE TAP THAT KIND OF HOLDS THE DISC IN PLACE ON THE SIDES!